While Facebook works on their Libra cryptocurrency, they’ve rolled out Facebook Pay in the US.
Facebook Pay will allow for on-platform payments, making it easier for people to buy products, make donations and send money to other people on Facebook, Whatsapp and Messenger.
According to Facebook, users will be able to:
- Add a preferred payment method once and then be able to use Facebook Pay (where available) to make payments and purchases in the apps, rather than having to re-enter their payment details each time.
- Set up Facebook Pay app-by-app or choose to set it up for use across apps (where available), which means Facebook won’t automatically set up a Facebook Pay across the apps users are active on, unless they choose to do so.
- View payment history, manage payment methods and update their settings in one place.
- Get real-time customer support via live chat.
- Clearly understand which payment services are part of Facebook.
Currently, Facebook Pay is only available in the US for fundraisers, in-game purchases, event tickets and person-to-person payments on Messenger and select pages and businesses on Facebook Marketplace. Over time, there are plans for Facebook Pay to be used by more people and places, including over Instagram and WhatsApp.
Have you ever ran paid social activity before? Maybe you’ve tried it and you didn’t get the results you wanted. Or maybe you’ve no experience but want to get it going for your business… Whatever the case, we want to help! Get in touch with us now.